Thursday 29 December 2011

Its blog as meditation this morning. I am back at work today after the holidays and not feeling too bright as I have a slight cold, and we have a major problem with Tony's laptop - made worse because he has lost the link to the log-in for the psychic tv station as a result of the problems. He knows that is his OWN fault -and it made him very grumpy while we attempted to sort his laptop out. Its not a major problem - but it FEELS like a major problem - like the fact that I feel so fat at the moment FEELS like a massive problem. But at one level I know neither of them are. So I need a plan to deal with them.I need to feel 'in control' As an aside the principle of 'do not anger' is all about control. Its funny I like to feel I am 'in control' but don't want to be the one taking all the decisions. Now that is something to think about. OK lets deal with feeling fat first. Its quite simple I need to ELMM. That doesn't mean ignoring all the Christmas leftovers. It means eating when I am hungry, eating what I want and eating slowly. Thats the EL bit. MM? Well I am back at work. I will naturally move more. So that just needs some common sense. The laptop......hmmmm I do feel the need to get Tony back to the tv station asap. Once he has the link sent to his email he can log in on my laptop. Do we need to rush around and buy him a new one? Probably not. Maybe this is the excuse I need for an iPad!!! NNNOOO that would be silly!. Do we really NEED 2 laptops? DShould we just buy Tony a cheap low spec laptop JUST to use for the 886 log-ins? I can't decide about that by myself. I need to know whether his laptop can be mended and that means contacting the engineer. But do I do it or leave it to Tony? I need to leave it to Tony. In fact I have just made sure Tony has access to both the phone numbers. So apart from feeling fat, a bit off because of my cold, and a bit off because of the laptop issue, what else am I feeling this morning? I am not especially hungry so haven't eaten. I can't say I am looking forward to work - but I am not shying away from the thought of it. I am even thinking of using the CPD website and doing a new PDP for 2012 during my lunch. I guess that is another sort of meditation - but one focussed on work. I have to start at 9.30 now Pritti has gone on maternity leave. So I need to get into a new routine. Will this include using the gym and treadmill at work? Well that would take care of the MM bit! But part of me is thinking - not today. These are strange days between Christmas and New Year. Not normal. My brain seems to be using the time to take stock, make plans, make sure 2012 works out as it should for us. Hunger intruded as I was writing. I have breakfast of one shredded wheat, a fresh orange and fromage frais. My body doesn't want the high carbohydrate load its had over the past few days. I think thats the knack - listening to my body about food and exercise. I am really enjoying the breakfast - but not really eating it slowly. Thats partly because I am suddenly very aware I have to get showered and dressed to be ready to go out in less than 45 minutes. I need to get moving

No comments: