Thursday 8 December 2011

I exercised yesterday again. Only 20 minutes on the wii fit - but it was 20 minutes more than I had been doing. This morning I feel energised mentally. I am full of ideas for how to grow Krystal Wolf. Also at the moment I am aware of a number issues making it plain to me why I am so disenchanted with Pharmacy. I only did one treatment yesterday at the hopsice - ad it ended up being a home visit to a lady who has pancreatic cancer. While I was there her husband was sorting out her tablets into a medidose type of container. She is on SO many tablets. She is also on chemo. And she feel rotten. And today the big story on the news is a letter from a woman who went to Dignitas to die. She is berating politicians for cowardice in not amending the law here to allow assisted suicide. There were some shots of her taking medication - and it looked as if she had lots too. It isn't pharmacy I am fed up with - but the way modern medicine treats people sometimes. Polypharmacy has become a way of life - and I don;t believe it always helps. Yesterday my patients husband told me he had been very sceptical about reiki - but now he swears its the only thing helping Anne. There is a real chance her family will continue to pay for reiki once her 12 free treatments are over. I just hope she survives that long. Pancreatic cancer can be vicious. But if reiki is playing any part in helping her - I will carry on giving her reiki to support the medication. Its the only way I CAN see it.

1 comment:

NewMe said...

I understand your feelings about the pharmacological approach. Good for you for doing reiki with your patient! And p.s.: drop by my blog soon. Some thanks will soon be waiting for you there.