Monday 3 January 2011

self esteem

Over the past few days I have had a number of reminders about the importance of looking after myself and the need to bolster my self esteem. I am hoping starting on the second module of the hypnotherapy course today will help to boost my self esteem - which I have to admit is at a very low point. I seem to be trapped in that horrible viscous circle where I try to bolster my self esteem by snacking - it was peanuts last night- and then the realisation that I over ate makes me feel fat and bloated and generally feel very bad about myself.

I know some of it is emotional eating because I am worried about what the biopsy on my thyroid will show. But this morning I feel truly terrible. Sluggish, tired really really fat. I know one way out of the cycle is to get back in the exercise habit - and part of me wants to go for a walk. The other part of me is worried about my safety in the park in the dark. So I am aiming to go for a swim before the course starts. I know action is the key to getting out of this horrible place I am in and that is the easiest action to take,

I saw a wonderful work out program for the Kinect yesterday and I am going to get it and use that instead of the Wii fit. It will be better for me because it doesn't weigh you.

I got my copy of 'I can make you thin' back yesterday. I wonder if that isa sign I should start using it again?

I am really looking forward to the course this week. I am really looking forward to next Sunday when I will be doing my first hypnotherapy session with a real client - one of role player friends. I am looking forward to having a routine in my life again once I start work at ROH. I think lack of earning capacity has been hitting my self esteem more than I thought too.

I haven't written down any goals for 2011 yet. I think I need to set some goals to provide some focus. I will get them sorted out by the end of this week.

No comments: