Tuesday 4 January 2011

A new fitness strategy

Yesterday I used the Kinect and played a game on Kinect Adventures before I went anywhere. I have also ordered the fitness programme for the Kinect so when that arrives I have 2 goals.

1. learn how to use the Xbox/kinect with confidence
2 Get back in the habit of daily workouts.

But I wont be doing a work out this morning becasue I feel awful. I have a horrible sore throat, and feel as if I have the beginings of a cold. But the nose and eyes could still be the remnants of the bug I had before Xmas whihc never really went away.

I still am not on track with food. There are biscuits on offer every break at the course and I am am eating too many. But doing a this course will help me sort out my motivation and the blockages in my goal to lose weight. Although Nick the course tutor came out with an unteresting comment. If you talk about losing weight it implies that you can find it again. So he talks about reducing weight instead.

I think I was on the right track when I didnt make my weight part of the goal at all. My aim was to get fit - and maybe I ought to get back to that.

So I am slowly working on my fitness strategy - but I know I have to get the balance right between my health and my fitness.

I was chatting my masseur friend last night and he asked about my back. He was concerned I have let exercise drop - and he thought having a goal like the Race for Life would be a good motivator. Maybe not the Race for Life but I think I might try and find another 5K race I could try

No comments: