Thursday 6 January 2011

The power of 'ill'

I have been at low parr for weeks now. I came down with flu a week before Xmas, felt better by Xmas Eve then had a dip on Xmas Day and didnt feel like eating much. I slowly imporved then on Tuesday this week I had another sore throat and felt as if I was coming down with a cold again. Yesterday I felt so bad I didnt go to my hypnotherapy course and spent the day taking strepsils and paracetamol. This morning I STILL have a sore throat on one side. Interestingly it is the same side as the large nodule on my thyroid and I am wondering if that is a coincidence.

I know that thinking of yourself as being 'ill' is a great excuse not to exercise enough, and it can also become an excuse to avioid other issues. So recognising real illness is quite important. So am I really 'ill'? Is this one sides sore throat infective or mechanical? I know I still have the remnants of the cough from my flu but do I have an exacerbation of the old illness?

I am trying to balance my priorities. I MUST be fit to go to work on Monday (although using Eriksonian techniques I could ask myself what will happen if I dont) OK I WANT to go to work on Monday and want to be fully sit to do that. My problem is whether to do that I need to sacrifice the course again today?

If I am not 'ill' then going is the best thing I could do. It will get me out of the house and it will inspire and motivate me. If I AM ill then going could lead to a relapse.

I guess the best thing to do is go, because if I start to feel really poorly i can always leave early and accept that I will have to redo this module later.

That feels like a plan to me.

No comments: