Friday 26 November 2010

being self aware and self critical

Yesterday I read a Spark People article that said that working long hours causes people to gain weight. I disagree. It isnt the long hours it is the probably unhealthy lifestyle and possibly the persons response to stress that causes them to put weight on. At least that is how I see it.

I spent some time thinking about that, and then thought back to something that was said on my one day hypnosis course 'taster'. Unless the patient co-operates with the hypnosis - and with the techniques suggested to combat the problem - the treatment won't work.

I am currently NOT working, I am beginning to realise that money is NOT going to be a problem - and have actually turned down a 30.00 an hour booking because I didnt want to drive to Burton to work. I would have been exhausted. So I dont have those stresses - but I am NOT losing weight - because I am NOT sticking the rules that I know will help me.

This is MY fault - and I am not passing the buck. I felt the Sparkpeople piece was giving permission to pass the buck and blame their work for their weight problems.

Yesterday I did 15 minutes jogging and 30 minutes swimming . I have been doing better with exercise recently and I am swimming a lot more. I am drinking more. but I am still not eating slowly. I am still not listening to what my body is really telling me about food.

What are the stress points in my life?

Krystal Wolf isnt progressing
I still have the lump in my neck
I am still a bit anxious about money especially now I am about to have my Wednesdays taken up with volunteering at the hospice

Am I being sanctimonious in my response to the Sparkpeople article? What right do I have to be critical of others when I am not a shining success myself?

No comments: