Wednesday 3 November 2010

Waiting

Yesterday food went OK ish but not brilliant. Having done 25 minutes on the wii fit I got an unexpected extra half an hour of walking when I made a quick trip to the GP

I was washing my hands in the cloakroom where we have a mirror and suddenly thought 'It looks as if I have a goitre' Then another look and I realised the lump was on the side of my neck. I have too much knowledge to ignore a lump on my neck which is why I ended up going to the GP. She sent me for blood tests which I had at the Katie Road walk in clinic. Reassuringly she didn't rule out a thyroid problem despite the position. But she did mention the Neck Lump clinic at the QE depending on what the blood results show. As well as Thyroid she is checking liver, renal bone(?) and the normal markers of infection plus a general blood count. This lump could be anything from an infection through to lymphoma with a lot of things in between. I am hoping my initial reaction was a psychic one .

If I do have an under active thyroid it would explain the poor sleep, and the weight gain.

Despite worries about the lump and me wondering if Tony has a wound infection I did make a start on my accounts.

I am still not eating slowly enough but I am doing a lot better with water. I also still tend to snack when I am not really hungry inthe evenings when I am tired. I think I am I am wondering if that is the key to this. If I am less tired I will be more thoughtful about what I eat.

No comments: