Monday 26 July 2010

Trusting the scales

The scales are a very deceitful peice of equipment because 'weight' is such a nebulous thing. Fluctuations of less than 2lb (!Kg) are meanigless. Except they can have a devestating effect when you are watching the figure on the scale. Thats why I dont weigh myself regulalry. I am also afraid of what the scales may say.

On Saturday I needed to weigh a cat so I had to step on the scales - and to my amazement it registered half a stone ( (about 3Kg) lighter than I was expecting. Not only through but well below the 14st barrier . I am not sure I believe it. I did a body test on the wii fit and it showed I had stayed static - but interestingly below the 14st barrier still.

But at the very least my poor food management and lack of exercise hasn't caused me to puy ON weight - and that is a big boost.

This morning I used the wii fit - and jogged. I did an island lap -something I would have been unable to face last week.

I may not trust the scales on a day to day basis - but over the long term they show trends - and the ternd is in the right direction

No comments: