Thursday 15 July 2010

Being realistic

This is something us people on journey's to health and fitness sometimes have problems with. Setting realistic goals, setting realistic exercise targets, actually being honest with ourselves about how much we DID eat and drink . Understanding why we do this can be useful in working out how we got to where we are in the first place - which may help us move on.

But sometimes the universe just gives you a message that is too clear to ignore and you have to face up to the hard facts.

My attack of realism is the fact that I am so very tired at the moment. I physically cann't work full time . I can short hours on a longe term basis or long hours on a short term basis but going back to full time work is not on the cards for me.

The universe has stepped in to teach me this lesson - by taking away the trip we were going to make to Leicester this weekend for a BBQ. The prospect of a weekend with nothing to do is very VERY appealing. However the universe is also waving a carrot under my nose of a permanent 30 hours a week job at a small private hospital in Worcester. It was put on the groups Intranet the day I turned up to work at another of the groups hospitals. So I have applied for it. Having some certainty of income will make my life much easier and help me to get to grips with all the issues I mentioned on Monday. I have finally reaslised I have been so focussed on work issues I havent focussed on the other issues hence the lack of progress. There is also a self image issue that I perceive myself to e a failure - when I may not be.

This morning I am so tired I can't face the wii fit at all. I am wondering if I am actually safe to try and cary on at Solihull seeing how tired it is making me. I may ask Natasha today if she has a cut off date for me yet.

Knowing how much longer they want me for will help me decide what to do

No comments: