Sunday 27 June 2010

Today is the day

Today is the Race for Life. I am committed to 'walk jog or run' 5K today on what is going to be the hottest day of the year so far. The temperature is predicted to hit 28 degrees. I have woken up in one those stiff moods with slight niggly back ache. Could there be worse omens for the race?

Except of course it is NOT a race. No-one but me cares about my time. I want to jog all of it - but have no intention of making myself ill by being too energetic if it gets too hot. Just 'moving my body' for the whole 5K will be an achievement.

So in a bit I will be putting on my green shorts and my bright pink Race for Life T shirt and covering myself with Factor 25 .

Wish me luck

1 comment:

Sally said...

I did it in 46 minutes. Jogged 2k walked the rest - apart from the last 200m when the finishing post was in sight. I wasn't the last to finish by a LONG way. I do feel I have achieved somehthng - but boy do I ache now