Sunday 20 June 2010

Your new life starts here

Well thats how it feels. Today is the day of the Natural Health Fair where I have a table and will be promoting my reiki services. Tomorrow I am back to work full time for the foreseeable future. No more lie ins. Lots of driving - certainly next week when I will be doing 60 miles a day . Finding time to fit in my OU, exercise ,meditation, and so on will be challenging. I can't even have a real rest next weekend because its the Race for Life.

I am very nervous about the health fair, whether I will get any bookings. I am concerned about how I am going to cope with full time work. I have got rather used to a sedate pace.

But I feel excited and challenged - and that must be a good sign. Things have been stagnant for so long.

When I had my massage Steve thought I had lost weight - in fact he was definite I had lost . He does seem to have a good memory for how my body feels when he massages it. I am not stepping on the scales however. I will not be bullied by a number. I much prefer to be bullied by a wii balance board that keeps very accurate account of how often I use it. I will do some aerobics before I go to the fair. My back sadly isn't yet up to a longer expedition to the park. It should have settled down by Tuesday and then I will be able to go jogging before I go to Leamington. Things will be MUCH easier when I am only going to Solihul - only 10 miles away - but the race will then be over. Will I have the same impetus to keep jogging? It is still going to be a health priority. Maybe I need to find other short races I can do to keep some momentum going.

Food is going OK on the whole. I am eating slower. Probably not slowly enough but things are moving in the right direction. And when I am back at work I know my food intake will go down and my exercise levels will go up. I will be on my feet at least 3 hours a day and probably a bit more.

So although I am sitting here thinking I really could have done with a lie in today as it is the last one I will get for nearly a week, on the whole I am happy with how I see things developing.

I must start to give my OU top priority. My final assessment needs to be done and posted by the 9th of July. That will be my lunchtime occupation when I am back at work.

As new lives go this one has quite a bit going for it. Things could be a LOT worse. But the important thing is I am in control. If Solihul really doesn't suit me I can leave.Nothing is written in stone. There is still a lot of flexibility.

1 comment:

Di said...

Best of luck with your new endeavors ! There has been a big shift recently in the overall energy and it feels like several issues that were stuck are now being freed. Always a good feeling !