Thursday 21 October 2010

Sometimes you just need chocolate

Tony got admitted to hospital yesterday as an emergency with appendicitis. Yesterday I ate porridge, a peanut butter sandwich, 4 chocolate digestive biscuits, a plum and 4 squares of fruit and nut chocolate. I didnt really have time to eat - and for four hours I was sitting in the ward with Tony who was not allowed to eat or drink because of his surgery . I was hungry and thirsty but wasn't going to torment Tony by doing either in front of him

When I came home to collect some stuff for him I had very little time so grabbed something quick. I also needed the comfort factpr of the chocolate

I am now facing 2 or 3 days on my own - and this is going to be a HYGE challenge for me to eat healthily. If its just me I never bother to cook properly.

But yesterday when we were in the waiting room at the Doctors the patient before us was an elderly overweight woman who needed a zimmer frame to walk with and had very swollen legs . When she was out of earshot I actually said to Tony' There is no way IO want to end up as overweight and immobile as that woman'

I must keep that in my mind over the next few days and remember I AM worth taking time over to cook meals and eat good food

On the positive side I didnt eat ALL the biscuits or ALL the chocolate which I would have done a few months ago.

I have just had breakfast (the second portion of porridge I made yesterday that Tony didn't eat) I have sorted out some laundry and have plans for today before I go to to visit Tony (I should be at work today but am NOT going.

It is this evening I am worried about. That is when I will be at risk of comfort eating

No comments: