Sunday 5 December 2010

thinking yourself thin

I know from personal experience how powerful our thoughts and imagination are. It has always been a source of frustration to me that after CYLI7D helped me so much, ICMYT really didn't help as much. I still feel keeping my weight stable during my two years of disaster was as much of a triumph as the fact that I stayed sane, focused and didn't go back on anti depressants. And I know ICMYT has changed my attitude to exercise. But I have been disappointed that I will not have kept one of my new year goals - to lose 7 lbs.

But since doing that 'inner child' exercise and realising I really WAS thin in those days something has happened to me. My biscuit consumption is down. I am eating slower than I was (but still not slow enough) and I have been better motivated to exercise. A few days ago I had the idea of exercising during ad breaks when I was watching tv. I haven't done it much - but may do it more today. Also I know I will be moving my body more in the new year when I am back at work - especially as I will be walking to and from work. And I feel more optimistic than ever before that following Paul's rules will become easier and that I really WILL lose weight. I am actually expecting to lose some weight BEFORE Christmas - which I would have regarded as an impossibility before.

I have even been motivated to cook a bit more. Yesterday the idea for dinner was tinned ravioli and chips. What we actually had was some gournet tortelline I had in the freezer, with some fresh vegetables stir f ried with italian seasoning, and chips. I always intended to cook last night instead of having a takeaway - but normally I would have just opened tins and packets.

Something feels very different. It must be as I am also blogging - something that I haven't been doing as regularly.

No comments: