Tuesday 7 October 2008

Getting focussed

I have been signed off work for two weeks. I had a trying weekend with Edna because she developed a severe head pain that meant the doctor had to be called out on Saturday, and I got called over to be with her. The doctor decidedit was refferred pain from neck arthritis (yes a pain in the neck!) and prescribed some Diazepam which I had to go and get for her. I then had to doctor her MDS so her night time slot contained the correct meds becase she couldn't take the Temazeam as well. I then went over on Sunday and did the same thing again. I should have rung her yesterday but didn't. Its awful to say I suspect she will almost try and get me to go over by exaggerating her symptoms. Sue told me on Saturday the moans and groans got worse the mment I arrived.

It seems clear I am going to have to play a more active role in her life, and I can't square that with full time work, so I really NEED to get my retirement sorted out. Now I have these two weeks off I can get focussed on dealing with my priority problems, and plan how I can best manage everything. It is not impossible for instance that I may have to help her manage her meds on a daily basis - a rospect that makes my heart sink at the thought of all the driving - nearly 100 miles a week. But mabe I'm being pessimistic.

I'm tired, trying to deal with my own health issues (back, bladder, BP, cholesterol,  GI tact plus the strange pain in my urethral area) fed up with confrontation at work because of the way Emily  has treated me, while I am still emotionally fragile after all the other events of this year.  Edna's health issues are the straw that has broken the camels back.

I need space to think.plan, pray and re-charge my batteries. Lets be honest I need some me time - well real some 'we' time since I feel Tony and I have not had any quality time for ages.

I want to use the blog to help me stay on track - and yes I am still trying to deal with my wieght issues as well. I will have one big help with that though. I am being refferred for 'excercse on prescripton' which will give me reduced/free gym membership.

No comments: